Volunteer Perspective: National Honors Society

Today's blog comes to us from Daniel, a high school volunteer working on the project as a way to get his required National Honors Society service hours while other activities are limited because of the pandemic!


As someone with a fond interest in wildlife, I have always been curious about life of animals across the country. The initiative at Cedar Creek has allowed me to gain more of an understanding about the diverse wildlife while being able to help the community. I can say for certain that I have learned quite a lot about the animals that live in the area. Identifying them never becomes monotonous to me since there are many great pictures! 



It's always nice to see two distinct animals in the same shot. 



Some species appear more often than others so it's quite exciting to get a shot of a deer, wolf, or even a squirrel.



I find it to be a great home activity for everyone, and I will definitely continue to keep up with the project.

Comments